Primary research refers to information that has not been found yet, hence the person has to begin with fresh information. This would usual mean that the researcher would need to create questionnaires, surveys in order to collect information from respondents and then analyse the results. Other examples of primary research are interviews or phone calls where you will be asking questions directly to other people on their views. You can benefit from primary research because the information would be up to date because it its fresh information and other people would not have discovered the information yet meaning you can use it to your advantage however the disadvantages to primary research is that it is more time consuming and costly because you have to spend time thinking of the questions you want answered and pay for printing etc.Before deciding on the types of questions to include on our questionnaire we first thought about the initial things that we would want to find out from our audience. Below are some of the questions that we thought would be relevant to input into our questionnaire.
- Do you like music videos
- How do you feel about parody in music videos
- What do you like about music videos
- (Play song) What do you like about the song
- Which artist do you like (Lickert scale)
- Asking 5 boys and girls
- Finding things people like and implementing those things into the video
- Asking whether or not people like to see tattoos on artists
- Showing them multiple images of clothing to find out what type they lik
I have included a photo of completed questionnaires to use as evidence that we have go out and asked people for their thoughts. Below is an image of the questionnaire I used.
Questionnaire Analysis
20 People
10 Male/10 Female
- 100% of Males use YouTube to watch music videos
- 100% of Females use YouTube to watch music videos
From my questionnaire I gathered that all of the participants selected that they use YouTube to watch their music videos. The way in which I can benefit from this is by watching their videos on youtube and finding out why they feel more comfortable using YouTube as their means to watch music videos. In addition to this it means that I should advertise my music video on youtube as it is more likely to attract viewers based on the feedback I received on my questionnaire.
- 80% of Males prefer energetic/fast paced music videos
- 50% of Females prefer energetic/fast paced music videos
In this question I felt it was necessary to ask whether or not people preferred energetic/fast paced music videos. The reason why I asked this question is because the music that we are using in our group is of the rock genre. In addition to this , the track played has an energetic feel to it and it is generally fast paced throughout the song. From this question I gathered that the majority of males prefer this kind of music pacing and therefore I should ask the males who answered my questionnaire on specific details of the kind of speed and feel they want in our music video. Furthermore I should ask the percentage of females who prefer slow paced music on their views as to why they do not like fast paced music. I could then try to implement some of the features in order to increase my target market from just males to both males and females.
- 80% of Males like music videos that are Serious
- 66% of Females like music videos that are Serious
In this question I asked the participates whether or not they like music videos that were serious. The reason why I asked this question is because that is the theme of our of music video. There is a comical feel to our music video as it is a parody however it has more of a dark comical feeling which gives it more of a serious impression. The way in which I can approach this is by changing the clothing of our cast to make it look like they are serious. Taking into consideration that in our pitch it revolves around a funeral event, we would have people dressed in black but for the parody concept, i'd change the hair colours to bright colours. As a result of this I felt it was necessary to find out how many people actually want to see a serious music video and based on the results gathered from my questionnaire I can see that the majority of males prefer music videos that are serious. There I should ask the males who answered my questionnaire on specific details of the level of seriousness they would like to see in our music video. In addition to this I feel it would be best to ask the people who did not include serious in their choice in order to find why and then implement some of the features in the final music video.
- Pink
- What is the most important thing about a music video?



No comments:
Post a Comment